About Zoological Companion Animal Service
Zoological Companion Animal Medicine (ZCAM) provides:
- Emergency and critical care for avian and exotic pets available 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Board-certified veterinarian with years of experience treating numerous exotic species, including birds, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, rodents, special small mammals (such as chinchillas or hedgehogs), reptiles, and amphibians
- Avian and Exotic Pet Medicine Service: two dedicated clinicians and a dedicated, certified technician.
- Specifically-designed general wards for care of avian and exotic patients including avian incubators, oxygen cages, and specialty reptile hospital caging. 24/7 video and audio patient monitoring available in ZCAM ward.
- Specialists in surgery, radiology, critical care, nutrition, and internal medicine assist in providing in-depth case management for special species
Services include endoscopy, dentistry, radiology, ultrasonography, blood-work testing, avian and exotic animal surgery and advanced diagnostics including infectious disease testing. Advanced imaging such as CT, MRI, fluoroscopy services available for exotic patients.