We are doing our best to provide excellent service during a very difficult time for everyone. As the risk of COVID-19 continues, our hospitals have had to make some changes in how we see our patients. Safety is our top priority, and we regrettably cannot allow owners inside our waiting rooms or exam rooms at this time.
To make your visit as comfortable as possible, we have created a flyer listing helpful phone numbers, available restrooms, wi-fi access details, and local resources. Thank you for trusting us with your pet’s care—and for the extraordinary cooperation, patience, and flexibility you’ve shown in helping us maintain a safe environment for all throughout this extended crisis.
General Update on Hospital Operations:
- Limited new appointments can be made but there is a long wait time.
- Clients are not allowed to enter the Foster Hospital.
- Medication refills will be mailed. To request a refill, please call the pharmacy refill line: 508-887-4850.
- Blanket donations are temporarily suspended.
- All inpatient visits are temporarily suspended.
For Pet Emergencies
- You must call ahead (508-839-5395) so we can confirm that your pet needs to be seen by our emergency service and to give you instructions on how to proceed.
- If it is determined that your pet needs to be seen immediately, you will be given a phone number to call when you arrive at the parking lot.
- All clients must wait in their car and not enter Foster Hospital.
- We will meet you at your car to assess your pet and take it into the hospital.
- We will call when the exam is complete.
- Please note: that if you have a fever or respiratory/flu-like symptoms, we require that you ask someone healthy to bring your pet on your behalf.
- Upon arrival at the Foster Hospital, please call 508-887-4609 to check in by phone and provide your parking-space number.
- The veterinary team will be informed of your arrival and will call you back to ask you to bring your pet to the front door as soon as they’re ready for the patient.
- If your pet is unable to walk to the door, we will ask you to drive to the door where we can help your pet onto a gurney.
- While your pet is at the hospital, please remain available by phone to discuss exam findings and care options.
- Upon discharge, your pet will be brought down the ramp near the entrance to the hospital to meet you. Payment will be taken by phone.
Policies for Hospitalized Patients
- The Foster Hospital has temporarily suspended all inpatient visits.
- No personal items can be retained with the pet while hospitalized, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc.
For the latest information about COVID-19 visit the CDC, American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 online resource centers.