We are doing our best to provide excellent service during a very difficult time for everyone. As the risk of COVID-19 continues, our hospitals have had to make some changes in how we see our patients. Safety is our top priority, and we regrettably cannot allow owners inside our large-animal facilities at this time.
To make your visit as comfortable as possible, we have created a flyer listing helpful phone numbers, available restrooms, wi-fi access details, and local resources. Thank you for trusting us with your animal’s care—and for the extraordinary cooperation, patience, and flexibility you’ve shown in helping us maintain a safe environment for all throughout this extended crisis.
General Update on Hospital Operations:
- The Hospital for Large Animals continues to provide emergency care and is scheduling elective cases.
- New appointments are being accepted at this time. Our liaisons are also working to reschedule previously postponed appointments. Referrals requiring immediate care will be managed through our emergency service.
- Owners are not be allowed to enter the Hospital for Large Animals, Equine Sports Medicine Center, or Isolation Facility. Veterinary staff will meet you in the parking lot.
- Medication refills will be mailed. To request a refill, please call 508-839-7926.
- Both short- and long-term trailer parking is available. If you would like to unhitch for the day or leave your trailer on campus long term, please contact our front desk staff for assistance.
- You must call ahead (508-839-7926) so we can confirm that your animal needs to be seen by our emergency service and to receive instructions on how to proceed.
- Upon arrival, please call 508-839-7926 and our staff will meet you in the parking lot. Please do not unload until you have spoken with a member of our staff.
- Once patients are unloaded, all clients must wait in their vehicle and may not enter the Hospital for Large Animals, the Equine Sports Medicine Center, or Isolation Facility.
- We will call when the exam is complete.
- Please note that if you have a fever or respiratory/flu-like symptoms, we require that you ask someone healthy to bring your animal on your behalf.
- Upon arrival at the Hospital for Large Animals, please call 508-839-7926 to check in by phone. A member of our staff will meet you in the parking lot and bring the animal into the hospital.
- While your animal is at the hospital, please remain available by phone to discuss exam findings and care options.
- Upon discharge, your animal will be brought out to you by one of our staff members. Payment will be taken by phone.
For Hospitalized Patients:
- All inpatient visits are temporarily suspended.
For the Latest Information on COVID-19
For the latest information about COVID-19 visit the CDC, American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19 online resource centers.